Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bolling Welcomes Cuccinelli to Gubernatorial Campaign


Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling today issued the following statement:
"Earlier today, Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli announced that he had filed paperwork to formally commence a gubernatorial campaign.  Although I had hoped that Mr. Cuccinelli would join me in forming a united Republican ticket in 2013, much like Governor McDonnell and I did in 2009, he has obviously chosen to follow a different course.

"I look forward to competing with Mr. Cuccinelli for the Republican Party’s nomination for Governor.  I intend to run a positive and issue oriented campaign that focuses on my qualifications to serve as Virginia’s Governor, as well as my record of providing mainstream conservative leadership that gets results.  That is the type of responsible leadership the people of Virginia expect, and that is the kind of leadership I will provide as Governor."

No comments: