Monday, August 20, 2012

A Washington Post ‘Reporter’ Slants the News

I know, I know, claiming the Washington Post slants the news, or tries to spin a story is hardly news, but this latest attempt is such a stretch that I feel I must comment. Nationally, The big political story right now is the flap over remarks made by Congressman Todd Akin, a Missouri Republican, who remarked over the weekend, that rape rarely results in pregnancy. Open mouth insert foot, Akin continues:
“From what I understand from doctors ... if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down,” he said in an interview that aired Sunday.
Well, leftist Washington Post reporter, is there any other kind, Laura Vozzella, must have thought to herself, how can I tie George Allen to this flap. Well, as luck would have it, the Kaine campaign mentioned, or maybe sent the name to Vozzella, that years ago Allen as a Senator voted for a Judge who made similar comments. Well, Voila, there is the tie in, Allen must agree with those sentiments, otherwise he wouldn't have voted for the judge. Obviously, logically fallacious. Nice try Laura, but I think the voters will see through the latest example of your “reporting”.

No comments: