Tuesday, November 27, 2012

John Frey drops out of Attorney General Race

The following is a release from John Frey:

"After careful consideration, I have decided that the best thing for me, my family and the Republican Party is to withdraw my candidacy for the Republican nomination for Attorney General of Virginia. Both of my opponents have been campaigning statewide for a significantly longer time than I have. They have used that extra time well, and should be commended.

This has been a wonderful experience. I am thankful for all of the new friends I have made across the Commonwealth. There are too many people to thank personally in this note but I do want to thank a few people specifically. First, I want to thank my wife of almost 30 years, Sheila, my daughter Stephanie, my son Robert and his wife Kristi, and my parents Tom and Carol, for their love, support and encouragement.

I also want to thank Chris Farmer, my campaign manager, and Janet Haley-Varre, my event planner, for their dedication and friendship. Finally, I want to thank all of my friends and supporters. Thank you for the trust and confidence you have placed in me! I appreciate your support, encouragement, prayers and friendship. You are wonderful!"

The GOP nomination now is between Rob Bell and Mark Obenshain.

No comments: