Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Obenshain Files Paperwork to Run for Attorney General

The following is a release from State Senator Mark Obenshain:

"This morning, I officially filed the necessary papers to seek the Republican nomination for Attorney General.
It was a routine event rendered more meaningful by the location: the Richard D. Obenshain Center, the state party headquarters that bears my father's name.
You already knew, of course, that I was running for Attorney General, but today's filing serves as a reminder that we're coming up on a new phase in the campaign, one dominated by the March and April mass meetings at which each unit will elect delegates to the state convention on May 18th.
The 2013 session of the Virginia General Assembly begins tomorrow, and it is to his legislative duties that I will devote the greater portion of my time during the 45-day "short session." But the campaign goes forward – with your help.
The constraints imposed by session make it all the more important that you get involved, helping to spread the word about my campaign and encouraging your friends and neighbors to join my team."

No comments: