Friday, March 6, 2009

Frederick under fire.


The Republican State Central Committee Thursday called on Virginia state party Chairman Jeffrey Frederick to resign. A two page letter, signed by 80 percent of committee members, outlined the reasons that Frederick should step down. In the letter members cited a series of missteps, misstatements, low fundraising, and a slew of elections losses, which they attribute to Frederick's poor leadership.

Despite the feeling of the Committee Frederick vows to fight on, telling the Washington Post:

"I have every intention of continuing as Chairman and completing my term in May 2012," he said. "I have the commitments necessary to win the vote on April 4th and will fulfill my term and the commitment to the people who entrusted me to lead our Party back to victory."

While not explicitly calling for Frederick's ouster, Attorney General Bob McDonnell did say in a statement, "it would be helpful for the Republican Party of Virginia to have more effective leadership in this pivotal year.''

I do believe Frederick should step down, and the Party pick a new, and hopefully more effective person.

No comments: