Tuesday, February 17, 2009

McAuliffe Ruins a Perfectly Good Dinner.



I found this gem on the website Politics1:

"At the annual Virginia Capitol Correspondents Dinner, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe took a swipe at a primary opponent's senior campaign consultant. McAuliffe aimed his snide shot at Joe Trippi, who is advising former State House Democratic Caucus Chair Brian Moran. McAuliffe said Trippi had approached him before the race began and offered to work for him. "I said to him: 'You really want to help me? That's what you want to do? You want to help me, Joe? Great. ... [Then] go work for Brian and go do for him what you did for President Dean and President Edwards.'" Moran, sitting in the audience, quickly called out: "How's President Hillary Clinton?" The third Democratic contender -- State Senator Creigh Deeds -- avoided this round of insults."


Clearly, when the General election campaign is underway it's very important that your party is not be divided, but the name calling in the primary can create ill will and weaken the party in November. This does not bode well for Democrats in the fall campaign.

I for one hope the Democrat name calling continues.

Special thanks to my friend Jim Ellis for alerting me to this story.

No comments: