Monday, March 28, 2011

Will Kaine Run?

A few weeks ago it looked certain that former Governor Tim Kaine would run for the Senate seat being vacated by fellow Democrat Jim Webb. To the delight of Democrats he said he was leaning towards running, and would make it 'official' soon.
It seems to me that if he were going to run he'd already have announced his candidacy, and now would be focused on raising money and building a campaign team.  What does he gain by waiting?  Nothing! No doubt Obama has already asked him to run, but Kaine is still thinking about it?  What will make him say yes, another phone call from Obama?
 My guess is that he does not want to run and in the end will pass on the opportunity.  I don't think he has the fire in the belly so to speak, and I don't think he is willing to open himself, and his record as governor, up to a brutal campaign.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I am predicting that Kaine doesn't run.


No comments: