Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hollywood Comes to Virginia

I saw this press release this afternoon from the Governor's office.  It seems Clint Eastwood is going to make a film here in the Old Dominion.  Specifically the Governor today announced that the towns of Warrenton and The Plains in Fauquier County, Great Falls in Fairfax County and the cities of Alexandria and Arlington were recently used in a major feature film with the working title of J. Edgar.
The film examines the life and legacy of F.B.I. Director J. Edgar Hoover and is directed by Clint Eastwood - who was last in Virginia shooting a scene for his film Flags of Our Fathers at the Iwo Jima Memorial
What stunned me is casting Leonardo DiCaprio as J. Edgar Hoover.  Wow?  I can't see that.  But good news I suppose for Virginia.
 

No comments: