Friday, December 2, 2011

State Senator Mark Obenshain Expresses Intentions to Run For AG

Republican state senator Mark Obenshain has told supporters that he plans to run for Attorney General, if current Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli decides not to run for reelection and runs for Governor instead.  In an email to supporters Obenshain said:

"Virginia will need continued conservative leadership in that office, and that is why I am exploring a bid for Attorney General in 2013.    I am committed to limited government, low taxes and individual liberty. As an attorney, and state senator, I have dedicated my professional life to the cause of justice, and of defending the liberties that make this nation and this Commonwealth so great. As a husband and a father, I have been blessed to experience the joys, values and importance of family."

No comments: