Thursday, January 23, 2014

Statement of RPV Chairman Pat Mullins on Sen. Dick Black's Decision to Remain in Virginia Senate


RPV Chairman Pat Mullins issued the following statement:


"It is all too rare in politics these days to find someone who will make the hard choice. Who will put Commonwealth above self, even when presented with the chance to advance their career. "

"I want to thank my long-time friend, Dick Black, for doing just that -- putting his Commonwealth first. Dick would have been an excellent Congressman, and I would have greatly enjoyed being with him out on the campaign trail as we worked to hold Frank Wolf's seat. But Dick realized that the situation in Richmond was simply too tenuous, and our Commonwealth's future could hang in the balance. He made the tough choice, and I can't tell you how proud and thankful I am that he has done so."

"Thank you, Dick, for making the hard choice. I'm more proud than ever to call you my friend."

No comments: