Thursday, June 17, 2010

McDonnell Administration Threatens to Withhold Metro Funding

According to the Washington Post
"Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell's administration threatened Wednesday to unravel a $1.5 billion federal funding plan for Metro unless the state gets two members on the agency's board of directors."

I have said many times that I believe that the Metro system is wasteful and poorly managed. In fact, I have described the system, as currently run, as a boondoggle. In addition to its waste and mismanagement, I also worry about the system's declining safety record. And just a few weeks ago I posted a story about how the Metro's managers still do not know how to fix the escalators.
I am glad that the Governor is now on the case, and will demand accountability for Virginia taxpayers.

No comments: