Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gilmore Comments on The 7th District Primary

The following statement is from former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore on Tuesday's primary results.

"I would like to personally thank Rep. Eric Cantor for his service to both the residents of Virginia’s 7th Congressional district and to the nation. I was one of Eric’s earliest political supporters, and I am deeply saddened that he will no longer represent Roxane and I when the 114th Congress is gaveled into session in January, 2015. Eric has been a steadfast leader in the Republican Party, and his voice will be deeply missed.

The Obama Administration continues to crush the individual and every sector of the economy through bad policy, higher and higher taxes and an ever increasing regulatory burden on industry. Tonight, the residents of Virginia’s 7th district expressed their outrage with President Obama by nominating David Brat to be the Republican Party’s nominee for Congress in my home district.

I will do everything I can to ensure that the GOP holds Virginia's 7th District seat in the House of Representatives, and I will continue my work to ensure the GOP retains its majority in the House or Representatives, and takes back the Senate by electing Ed Gillespie to represent the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States Senate."

No comments: